the fact that kids feel physically ill and have mental breakdowns at the very idea of going to school should be a clue to some people that maybe something isnt fucking right
Here’s a small list detailing Lady Gaga’s philanthropy over the past five years.
- Donated $1,000,000 to the Hurricane Sandy recovery project.
- Raised over $1,000,000 for the Japanese people after the earthquake and tsunami in 2011.
- Partnered with Virgin Mobile during her Monster Ball Tour and offered free VIP tickets to her show for those who volunteered time at local homeless youth organizations. This partnership raised over $80,000 and contributed over 30,000 hours of community service for charities all across the US.
- Held and spoke at a rally that called for the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.
- Brought along four discharged gay service members with her to the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards and allowed them a chance to tell their story on one of the year’s most-watched televised events.
- Donated $5,000 to homeless LGBT youth every night of the American leg of her Born This Way Ball Tour.
- Donated $500,000 from all merchandise sales on January 27th, 2010 to victims of the Haitian earthquake.
- Had thousands of her fans call their state representatives and ask them to support the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.
- Started her own anti-bullying foundation that aims to help kids with finding ways to deal with and stop bullying.
- Helped MAC raise over $200,000,000 for their AIDS Fund.
- Used her own money to fund a “Therapy Bus” that followed her tour around the United States. This “Therapy Bus”, called The Born Brave Bus, employed professional psychologists to help connect teens and young adults to resources available in their communities including behavioral and mental health services, school psychologists, mentoring, volunteer opportunities and bullying and suicide prevention resources.
- Spent over $40,000 for a ticket to a White House dinner so she could specifically talk with the President about focusing on stopping bullying in schools around the country.
- Partnered with the Robin Hood Foundation to help donate $1,000,000 to various charities.
- Privately visited and donated brand new electronics to an orphanage in India that cared for HIV+ children.
- Donated 25% of all proceeds made from her “Barney’s Workshop” in 2011 to charity.
- Performed for several charity concerts such as Children in Need and MTV Video Music Aid Japan.
- Allowed dozens of her songs to appear on charity albums that have raised millions for various organizations around the world.
- Held dozens of charity auctions where people bid on certain items and meet and greets that have raised hundreds of thousands for various charities all around the world.
- Privately contacted and offered to help a wheelchair-bound fan get in touch with her personal doctors so she could get the life-changing surgery she needed.
So yeah, maybe she is an attention whore and maybe she did wear a sari designed for her by a famous Indian designer, but those things do not negate what she’s done for millions of people. And more so than any of her contemporaries, Gaga walks the walk, talks the talk, and continuously puts her money with her mouth is in a massive way.
When Daniel Bedingfield was announced as a judge and mentor for X Factor NZ the public cried “WHY? WHAT HAS HE DONE RECENTLY?” Little did they know he was back to make a statement with his TARTAN CLOTHING (and super awesome new music yes).
Why do dogs go mental when they see another dog
I imagine that in their heads they’re like
THAT IS DOG
I AM DOG
DOG DOG DOG DOG DOG DOG